Monday, August 9, 2010

Best summer ever...

It sounds cheesy, I know, "Best summer ever!" But in all honestly it was...we didn't go anywhere...didn't do much...basically stayed at home...but it was with my two beautiful baby boys! I love my job because it gives me the opportunity to spend as much time as I can with them and still bring home a pay check (even though it may be itty bitty)! I got to experience some of Aidan's "first" first-hand! I told everyone he would be crawling by the time I went back to school and he started last week! He is now about to be into EVERYTHING (perfect time to go back...jk)!

Gabe has also become quite the "boy" lately! His philosophy, "the dirtier, the better!" It does not matter what it is...playing outside...helping me cook...or just playing in the house with his toys...the bigger the mess, the better!!! He has also become such a mommy's boy. Before I had kids, when I would be with people that had kids around...I would ask them "does that not drive you crazy?" I was talking about with their child is constantly saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy...etc." They never looked annoyed, always seemed so calm. When I, being the child-less friend, wanted to literally pull my hair out! Well now I see why. I don't care if Gabe says it a million times! I love hearing my name! It not only is adorable hearing his "still baby voice" say mommy, but I can hear 100% trust in his voice. He puts full faith in knowing that I am there and I will do anything for him!

And then there is Seth. We have also spent lots of time together this summer. As many people know, he is on disability through the military. He finally was able to get insurance this summer and got to see a "real" doctor that was not at the VA. If you ever want to get me fired up just start talking about the VA hospital in Little Rock. It is amazing how we can send people overseas and expect them to do the unimaginable...then we they come back to just leave them hanging! Sore subject! Anyways, he was finally able to see a neurosurgeon this summer and we find out tomorrow if they will be able to operate on his back. Please keep him in your prayers! There are so many risks involved with back surgery so now we are just trying to decide, if it is an option, will it be worth it. Other than him being in pain, we have enjoyed our time with our little family this summer. Since he was home with us it was helpful and fun!

Now it is time for me to be a big girl again and go back to work. I'm already counting down the days until May 2011! Starting Wednesday I'll only have 194 days to go! :)

Things I will miss this summer:
* Sipping coffee at 5:00 in the morning as I try to wake up, while Aidan is playing his little heart out on the floor
* Then when I finally wake up he falls back asleep :)
* Breakfast and Lunch with Gabe
* Weekly trips to Magic Springs
* Talking to my good friend Monica on the phone at least 5 times a day
* Reading Kelle Hampton's blog daily
* Playing tractors with Gabe
* Shopping with Aidan (we are great shopping buddies!)

*****pictures to come....I can't find my camera!*******

1 comment: