Saturday, July 24, 2010

What a day!

Have you ever had one of those days where you want to just runaway and not come back for several days?! Well, yesterday was one of those days for me! I had a scare this week. I started out having a knot under my arm..thought it was a swollen lymph node because I wasn't feeling well. It continued to get bigger, harder and hurt as the week went on. At the same time my lymph node in my neck started to swell and become painful. And to top it all off I have, what I think, is an abscess in my mouth. I got really scared because I just had a cousin who was treated for lymphoma. So, thinking the worse, I called the doctor immediately. Come to find out my mouth and throat are not related to what is going on in my arm! I have a swollen oil duct in my arm that has become infected. Since I did not come in immediately it cannot be treated with just antibiotics. So now I have surgery scheduled the week before I go back to work/school! I wish it could have been a month ago!!! I also have a dentist appointment schedule for Monday to fix the other half of me! Have you ever heard the saying "Have a baby, lose a tooth." Well this exact same thing appeared in my mouth 9 months after I had Gabe and the Dr. said it was because I had a baby. Well Aidan is now 6 months old.....

I guess it was good news about the surgery. It could have been a lot worse and I am very thankful for my health. Lots of things crossed my mind (silly I know). I thought about my kids living without me and not knowing me it was very devastating! I am so thankful!

After coming home from the doctor I actually took some time to my self and relaxed. I took my first nap ALL SUMMER!!! As soon as Aidan was down I curled up next to him and relaxed! Good thing I did because the rest of my evening was horrible! Other than the fact that Gabe destroyed my house and their are still dinosaurs and trucks all over the place...he had several accidents when he got home. He went all day going to the potty for someone else but when he stays home he saves the good ones! First he pooped his pants...yuck! So I cleaned that up...then he pees and decides to track it all the way through the house. So much for my sparkling, clean, mopped floors! We then ate dinner. Seth had a friend over and I invited him to stay and eat. BIG MISTAKE! While we were all sitting at the table Gabe got a little choked up. HE VOMITED EVERYWHERE!!!! All over the table, chair and floor. I felt soooo bad for our guest who was sitting right next to him! Luckily he was very understanding! After cleaning this horrible mess up Aidan decides to have a blow out.....in his high chair. So...here we went again...another bath..more laundry and my kitchen smelling very nice at this time.

WHAT A DAY! Good bye Friday! Hello Saturday!!!! I hope this wasn't a preview of my weekend to come!

1 comment:

  1. That is horrible!!! You sure did have a bad day! Keep your fingers crossed for a better week. :)

    ReplyDelete